Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Graduation Program



After looking at the other students graduation programs I feel that I did very well on the text. I felt that I put more time into my text than all the other students.
I think that I could have put more thought and time into my design. I was amazed to see all the different designs that the students had included on their programs and felt embarrassed when all I had was the diploma.
For me it was very difficult, I wanted to do something original that no one would had ever thought of. But once I was told that we couldn't use any images from the Internet it pretty much crushed all my hopes and dreams. All I could think of after that was including some sort of design that involved graduation. I didn't see how I could artistically use the cap and gown so I decided that the diploma was my last option.
I think having an idea and being able to work with that idea is the most important aspect of graphic design. I think a very well thought out idea would look much better than one that was quickly thought of.
The only advice that I could give is to put a lot of time into your idea if you really want a good piece of work.

No comments: